**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Secondment/ Fixed Term Opportunity for 12 months*
Do you enjoy building and continually improving education programmes for health and social care workforce?
The position provides opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of oral health/ health improvement education and training programmes across Scotland
Our vision at NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is to develop a skilled and sustainable workforce for a healthier Scotland by providing education and training for those who work in NHS Scotland whether through undergraduate, postgraduate or continuing professional development.
What we can offer you
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- A collaborative, open and empowering environment
- Extensive Benefits:There is a generous NHS pension scheme and annual leave starts at 27 days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday.
The postholder will contribute to the priority groups work stream bringing the views of third sector in designing and delivering training events that meet the needs of local communities and connects people with services and support.
Key Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the development and delivery of training programmes
- Providing support and advice to health and social care professionals
- Participating in the quality assurance and educational governance of education and training programmes
- Liaising with external bodies and other training providers
- Attending and participating in meetings and steering groups relating to education and training
The Priority groups workstream is committed to delivering the following actions set out in: Fairer Scotland Action plan: progress report 2018
- Introduce A New Socio-Economic Duty on Public Bodies to reduce inequalities.
- Link workers connect people with local services and support.
- Extend the ‘Childsmile’ programme to reach even more comparatively deprived communities.
- Make better use of community-based interventions to reduce re-offending further and to help people move on from offending.
What we would love to see
- Qualification health issues in the community or equivalent experience
- SQA level 2 in health and social care or equivalent experience
- Teaching/Training certificate or equivalent experience in developing and delivering training programmes
- Proactive approach to continuous learning and development
- Empowering, Adaptive and Collaborative Leadership
- An understanding of relevant national policies and evidence based guidance in relation to oral health improvement
- Substantial experience of working with third sector organisations.
If you’d like to discuss the role informally, please contact Roseann Gorman Roseann.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job info pack below.
*For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance. Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 3rd December 2020