**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Secondment/ Fixed Term Opportunity for 12 months*
Do you enjoy building and continually improving education programmes for health and social care workforce?
The position provides opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of oral health/ health improvement education and training programmes across Scotland
Our vision at NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is to develop a skilled and sustainable workforce for a healthier Scotland by providing education and training for those who work in NHS Scotland whether through undergraduate, postgraduate or continuing professional development.
What we can offer you
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- A collaborative, open and empowering environment
- Extensive Benefits:There is a generous NHS pension scheme and annual leave starts at 27 days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday.
Responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Focus on the roll out of the ‘Supervised Toothbrushng Qualification,” SCQF Level 6, by supporting educational delivery and by establishing cohesive partnerships between colleges, health boards and early years’s establishments in Scotland
- There may be a requirement to travel throughout Scotland to support the job role.
- At other times, the post holder will also contribute to the development and delivery of a full range of oral health /health improvement education and training programmes for health and social care professionals in Scotland.
- Support the development and delivery of a range of education and training programmes for health and social care practitioners throughout Scotland.
- Develop and deliver the knowledge and skills for education and training programmes, using a range of different teaching methods, in accordance with evidence based guidance.
- Provide mentorship, support and advice to health and social care professionals to implement national initiatives, guidance and standards.
- Participate in quality assurance and educational governance of all education and training programmes
- Liaise with external bodies and other training providers in the planning, delivery and evaluation of all education and training programmes.
What we would love to see
- Current Registration with the General Dental Council
- Qualification in Health Improvement or Oral Health Education Equivalent to SCQF level 8 or commitment
- Experience in developing and delivering training programmes
- Proactive approach to continuous learning and development
- Empowering, Adaptive and Collaborative Leadership
- An understanding of relevant national policies and evidence based guidance in relation to oral health improvement
If you’d like to discuss the role informally, please contact Roseann Gorman Roseann.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job info pack below.
*For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance. Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 3rd December 2020
Interview date: 17th December 2020