**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
*Fixed term for 24 months
SLA/Secondment only in the first instance
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a National health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. https://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/
The Scottish Trauma Network: www.scottishtraumanetwork.com
What Will This Post Do
We are looking for a Senior Educator to join the Postgraduate, Post-registration and Continuing Professional Development Programme team in the Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions Directorate. This post will provide professional leadership and support objectives of the Scottish Trauma Network in association with NES.
Key tasks include but not limited to:
- Develop and publish Scottish Trauma education and career development frameworks for mixed discipline NMAHP teams
- Develop, modify and adapt (as relevant) accessible and inclusive packages of targeted trauma education to support the career frameworks described above and as agreed for staff across the trauma pathway.
- Working in partnership with the Head of Programme NES and other colleagues in STN, progress work contributing to these key objectives.
- Leading and operationally managing a range of high profile educational initiatives at national level
- Liaising with a range of partners from health, social care, education, independent and third sectors, including Higher Education Institutions, Scottish Government and strategic leads in Health Boards
- Develop and maintain effective links with key stakeholders, supporting wider NES and STN activity
- Actively contribute to NES NMAHP directorate and STN corporate planning activities ensuring progression of related activities.
What Will The Post Holder Bring
- Nursing or midwifery registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Substantial postgraduate experience, including enhanced responsibility in an educational or healthcare post
- Significant experience in their specialist area
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitive and complex information in a time responsive manner
- An evidence based Once for Scotland approach to trauma education(mixed discipline)
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Fiona Fraser, Head of Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org and
Alison Gilhooly Senior Programme Manager STN: email@example.com
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Closing date : 4th December 2020
Date of interview: 18th December 2020