**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
NES Dental Directorate is responsible for delivering high quality education and training across a diverse range of training programmes throughout Scotland. The Directorate supports and incorporates the work of Health Care Science and Optometry.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, draft agenda and produce high quality minutes.
- Support and maintain appropriate and effective office management systems to ensure a smooth flow of information within the department. Working proactively, suggesting and implementing changes to local procedures and processes to improve efficiency, where appropriate.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the office and the development, implementation and maintenance of office practices and procedures as determined by directorate and department.
- Deal with non-routine enquiries received by the department, sending out all the relevant documents/other information as requested, providing direct support for all enquiries, progress chasing and problem solving.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks applicable to their department/directorate and be able to provide cover for other team members as and when required.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills and a pleasant manner.
- Ability to work within a complex and dynamically changing team.
Informal enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 14 January 2021
Interview date: 28 January 2021