**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The Finance Directorate leads on financial management issues across the organisation, playing an important role in corporate governance, providing expert financial advice, technical guidance and pro-active decision support to the whole of NES. This ensures that the Board’s budget and finance reports are developed within a strong and effective internal control environment.
What you'll do
Providing Maternity Leave cover, your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
• Developing the team of Finance Managers and Finance Business Partners, ensuring that they have clear objectives; and encourage learning and development for individual staff and the team.
• Ensuring that there is appropriate integration between the operational plans designed to deliver against the NES Strategic Framework and the NES Financial 3 to 5 year plan
• Ensuring that detailed financial plans are developed and delivered in such a way that enables NES to meet its financial targets
• Ensuring the effective monitoring and management of NES’s financial position through the production of monthly management reports inclusive of comprehensive variance analysis and accurate financial forecasting; in an accessible and meaningful format. This will include reporting of the consolidated position to the Executive team, the Audit & Risk Committee and the Board.
• Ensuring appropriate, future focused decision support is provided to directorates enabling the achievement of their required outcomes
• Contributing to the development and ongoing review of financial and risk management governance frameworks, systems and processes across NES
• Ensuring that open and constructive relationships are maintained with colleagues across NES, the wider Health and Care Sectors and Scottish Government.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
• professionally qualified (CCAB or recognized international equivalent) with experience in a senior management role. NHS Finance experience while not essential is valued.
• Experience of providing a comprehensive management accounting and decision support service, providing technical financial advice at a corporate level
• Strong leadership skills with a track record of building effective teams.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to assess and synthesize information from multiple sources exercising significant judgement where information may not be complete
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with experience of bringing together competing demands and requirements and generating consensus around priorities
• Proactive approach to performance improvement and organisational change
• High level of motivation and initiative
We look forward to receiving your application, if you would like to discuss the role Informally please email Janice Sinclair, Head of Finance (Janice.Sinclair@nhs.scot)
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 23rd February 2021
Interview date: 17th March 2021