**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Fixed term or secondment until May 2023
Base location: Flexible Base Location (any NHS Education for Scotland office)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed team that will influence and support developing the digital capabilities and technology deployment and adoption across Scotland’s health and social care workforce.
Digital technology has been essential in supporting health and care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Enabling the acceleration of digitally delivered services across the sector providing much needed support to people across the country. This has highlighted the need and further opportunities for continuing the momentum of digitally enabling the workforce. Therefore, Scottish Government is funding the role of Digital Workforce Business Analyst reporting through NES Education for Scotland.
As a Digital Workforce Business Analyst, you will be a key analytical support to stakeholders across Scotland’s Health and Social Care to support the delivery of digitally enabling our workforce and citizens. Working closely with third sector partner organisations. Delivering a collaborative Programme of work that is inclusive, person centred, and consistent with the principles of the Scottish Approach to Service Design.
Providing analysis that allows the needs and requirements of the workforce in Health and Social Care to be understood. Undertaking methodical business analysis to determine the requirements and support the design of effective resources to improve digital skills and capability.
What You Will Do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
Undertake business analysis activity across Health and Social Care Services to understand the gaps and requirements for developing a digital workforce.
Leading in the analysis of the needs of service areas and the workforce to develop the necessary plans and strategies to enable the adoption of existing and new technology.
Completing the analysis to identify initiatives already being undertaking and duplication of effort to share best practice to then influence and enable a central one approach for digitally enabling the workforce.
Working with Health and Social Care to include developing the digital skills of our citizens/service users and involving them with the development and deployment of technologies. So that initiatives are co-produced with services and citizens.
Keeping self-up to date with new and up and coming technology initiatives and ways of working across Health and Social Care.
To work with the Digital Enabled Workforce team and stakeholders to share business analyst approach and best practice.
Completing service design, process mapping, risk assessments, options appraisals, business cases and specification of requirements associated with elements of developing a digital workforce when required and in partnership with the service area.
What You Will Bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Considerable experience in business analysis, learning and development, project management in large complex organisations.
- Experience of business analysis tools, techniques and mythologies.
- Experience of developing a digitally enabled workforce and how to close the digital skills gap.
- The demonstrated ability in closing the gap between technology used across the organisation and user adoption.
- Knowledge and experience of working with some or all of these organisations and sectors HSCP, SSSC, NHS, eHealth, SSSC, Scottish Care, Housing, Care Homes, Public Health, SCVO, Local Govt Digital Office.
- Experience of working collaboratively with key stakeholders across large organisations.
- Previous experience of working with and or setting up a Digital Champions Group and/or other initiatives that develop digital skills and technology adoption.
- Expert knowledge of Office 365 and the applications within including the deployment and adoption of these across a large organisation.
- An understanding of public sector, education and professional structures and processes along with knowledge of Scottish Policy.
* For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Paula Baird Principle Lead Digitally Enabled Workforce - Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 18th April 2021
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: email@example.com