**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Fixed term or secondment until May 2023*
Base location: Flexible Base Location (any NHS Education for Scotland office)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed team that will influence and support developing the digital capabilities and technology deployment and adoption across Scotland’s health and social care workforce.
Digital technology has been essential in supporting health and care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Enabling the acceleration of digitally delivered services across the sector providing much needed support to people across the country. This has highlighted the need and further opportunities for continuing the momentum of digitally enabling the workforce. Therefore, Scottish Government is funding the role of Digital Communications and Engagement Manger reporting through NES Education for Scotland.
What You Will Do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
As a Digital Workforce Communications and Engagement Manager you will be pivotal to the team and key stakeholders across Scotland’s Health and Social Care in leading the communication requirements in the delivery of digitally enabling our workforce and citizens.
You will oversee all internal and external communications in relation to developing the digital skills across Health and Social Care Workforce.
Play a pivotal role in increasing awareness and engagement across Health and Social Care and key stakeholders of the work that is being undertaken to improve digital capability and the resources available to support digitally enabling the workforce.
Engaging with our existing networks as well as reaching out and proactively engaging with new networks and key stakeholders to ensure participation within all relevant communications.
Lead the development and delivery of the communications strategy and plan that develops greater awareness of the programme of work and the initiatives taking place to digitally enable the workforce.
Deliver campaigns to support behavioural change in terms of how the Health and Social Care Workforce access and utilise the available resources. This will be achieved by implementing a new and innovative approach to communications which influence and engage the workforce.
Working with the Digital Learning Specialists to support the specification, production and delivery of high-quality digital learning resources and services. That are within budget, delivered on time and are fully accessible to all and in the appropriate style, tone and creative approach.
Working as part of the team developing clear learning pathways for the progression of digital skills across the different levels of essential, operational and specialist digital data technology skills.
What You Will Bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- A natural communicator with a broad range of communications and marketing skills, with significant experience in a similar role.
- You will have a proven track record of building and managing campaigns and previous experience of building the profile of key projects across large organisations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, planning and co-ordination skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Highly effective creative writing skills and successfully used social media and digital channels to create awareness and develop engagement.
- Expert knowledge of Office 365 and the applications within including the deployment and adoption of these across a large organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of working with some or all of these organisations and sectors HSCP, SSSC, NHS, eHealth, SSSC, Scottish Care, Housing, Care Homes, SCVO, Local Govt Digital Office.
* For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Paula Baird Principle Lead Digitally Enabled Workforce - Paula.email@example.com
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 18th April 2021
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org