Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
To provide robust administrative support to the CPD Connect team across Scotland who are responsible for the delivery of continuing professional development (CPD) for GPs, General Practice Nurses and general practice staff. This postholder will specifically provide administration support for a variety of workshops, conferences, webinars etc. which are often delivered using blended learning methods.
The postholder will work as part of a wider team of administrative staff to ensure an integrated and cohesive administrative support to all CPD Connect.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Provide effective administration support to the Assistant Director, CPD Manager, Associate Advisers and the wider CPD Connect team.
- Support the planning and organisation of events, such as meetings, training events, conferences, interviews. This can include booking venues or setting up online learning environments in MS Teams and Go To packages, liaising with participants, and arranging catering and accommodation as required. This also includes the use of online booking system Portal and evaluation system Questback. Updating our website and Turas.
- Sort information from a range of sources and record data accurately, analysing results and producing reports and statistics, often on an Excel spreadsheet.
- Process finance claims including verifying eligibility and recording on a spreadsheet.
- Deal professionally with a range of enquiries from managers, staff and external customers to the department/directorate about the educational resources and training provided.
- Provide administration services in own designated area of work and also in support of the wider department, maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- HNC Level qualification or equivalent
- Significant administration experience
- Planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Informal enquiries may be directed to Michael Hutcheson, Senior Administrator at email@example.com
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Info Pack below which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 13th April 2021
Interviews: from the 27th of April 2021
**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
If you have any queries regarding the application form or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org