Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The core function of the NMAHP Directorate is to support the education, training and continuing professional development of nurses, midwives, allied health professionals, health and social care chaplains and their support workers.
The Directorate is also responsible for providing education, training and workforce development across wider professional groups and disciplines, often in partnership with other agencies, to support key policy imperatives such as public health, health protection, healthcare associated infection (HAI), dementia and health and social care integration.
We are seeking a Specialist Lead to join the Public Health Team, NMAHP directorate who will work with the Head of Programme, Principal Educator and a Senior Educator in supporting the programme of work being led by NHS National Services Scotland who have established NHS Scotland Assure an internationally recognised national centre for reducing risks in the healthcare built environment and ensuring they are safe, fit for purpose, cost effective and capable of delivering sustainable services over the long term. NHS Education for Scotland will support this work by progressing a cohesive and integrated approach to specialist workforce education development for this diverse multi-agency and multi professional staff group including clinical, estates and facilities staff.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Working in partnership with colleagues to progress the workforce education aspects of the national centre
- Supporting the development delivery of a range of high-profile educational initiatives at national level
- Liaising with a range of partners from health, social care, education, independent and third sectors, including Higher Education Institutions, Scottish Government and strategic leads in Health Boards
- Developing and maintaining effective links with key stakeholders in order to support wider NES activity
- Actively contributing to wider public health programme activities ensuring that plans are progressed
What you'll bring
- Educated to Master’s degree level in related subject matter or equivalent experience
- Professional registration or equivalent accompanied with knowledge of healthcare regulatory framework for relevant specialist areas.
- Relevant experience within Public Health, Health Protection, IPC or estate management
- Proven experience at senior level of management with ability to work in a teamand have an understanding of group dynamics and organizational change processes.
- Flexibility in approach to learning and problem solving in creative and innovative ways
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated through presentation, and facilitation skills in order to influence and negotiate information verbally and in report writing
Informal enquiries may be directed to Ruth Robertson, Head of Programme, Ruth.Robertson2@phs.scot
Closing date: 22nd April 2021
Interview: from the 7th of May 2021
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org