Fixed term/ Secondment until end of March 2022
*NB if you are currently an NHScotland employee and applying for this post it would be offered as SLA or secondment only
Base - Flexible: Any NHS Education for Scotland office. Please note in the Context of COVID 19 if successful, you will initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the health and care workforce in Scotland.
We are looking to appoint a Principal Educator (Allied Health Professions) until March 2022 to develop education resources for AHPs in relation to supporting adults with Autism, and to provide an AHP contribution and perspective to the NES wide workforce development focused on Autism and Neurodiversity
This post is hosted within the NMAHP Directorate and will work with colleagues across NES and with external stakeholders to build on and develop work which has already commenced to support AHP workforce development in relation to supporting adults with Autism
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Working with stakeholders to develop a portfolio of education and workforce development activities for AHPs across health and social care, related to adults with Autism and Neurodiversity.
- Nurturing existing partnerships and relationships, and where necessary, developing additional working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the health and social care sectors in relation to Autism and Neurodiversity.
- Designing, delivering and evaluating a range of innovative approaches to support the spread and embedding of education resources across AHPs (and other groups as appropriate)
- Supporting multi-professional and inter-agency approaches to learning and workforce development across health and social care.
- Using high level communication, influencing and relationship skills to shape and articulate NES’s contribution to workforce learning and development
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Registration as one of the Allied Health Professions (AHPs) with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Educated to master’s degree level plus substantial postgraduate experience, or working towards this
- Subject and clinical expertise working with adults with autism and neurodiversity
- Proven experience in developing, commissioning, managing and evaluating workforce development programmes/activities
- Experience in the development and delivery of a range of education programmes and developing learning materials
- Working within a multidisciplinary/multiagency environment utilising facilitation and network building skills including excellent stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable senior management/leadership experience within a large complex organisation
- Evidence of creativity and innovation, effective communication and facilitation skills and project management experience
Informal enquiries may be directed to Audrey Taylor Audrey.email@example.com or Helen McFarlane Helen.McFarlane@nhs.scot
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 04/05/2021
Interview date: 18/05/2021
**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org