**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Business Partner – HR
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What you'll do
- Support the Lead Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to enable HR to provide an exemplar customer service, in particular, for employee relations; managing project / programmes of work in a team lead capacity and to liaise confidently with key stakeholders.
- Manage Employee Relations cases, in particular lead on Absence Management cases, and also at Informal Stage, and Stages 1 & 2 of relevant policies e.g. Grievance and Disciplinary and to support the HR Team with complex query resolution/complaints often sensitive in nature, emanating from the service desk.
- Manage TUPE and organizational change programmes
- Manage and be responsible for the HR Payroll function to ensure a robust establishment control process is maintained.
- Be responsible and accountable for the establishment control aspects of HR to ensure data accuracy, and be lead approver for request to fill (ETSR) business cases.
- Manage and develop the HR Team to measurable performance standards that are identified and set by yourself as well as analyse data and develop reports; support the design and implementation of HR services being optimised digitally, and enabling the roll out of self serve, and helpdesk capability.
What you'll bring
NES is seeking a dynamic individual who can demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, energy and a common-sense approach to deliver a range of proactive, robust and future focused generalist HR services that optimises digital technology.
You will require to have visibility and be able to manage an ambitious HR Team to be confident, aspirational and service focussed. Reporting to the Lead HRBP, you will provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and NES as required. You will have expert knowledge and solid experience of employee relations, data analytics and payroll functions.
You'll contribute towards a culture of high performance, learning and self-development, creating an exciting environment where everyone wants to come to work to do their best. You will have a nurturing style as we build a greater emphasis on values and behaviours across the organisation with the ability to influence and develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the NHS in Scotland.
The successful candidate can be flexibly located; however, you will need to attend the Head Office in Edinburgh when required. You will also be required to travel in Scotland.
The interview process will consist of both a panel interview and a separate written exercise. The written exercise will involve analysis of HR data/HR case work. You will be asked to complete this prior to the interview and the panel will ask you questions relating to this.
Please click this link to view The NES Strategy for 2019-24: A skilled and sustainable workforce for a healthier Scotland as well as the link to the People and OD Strategy.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack which includes the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Interview Date: Week commencing 24th May 2021 (Remote interviews via Microsoft Teams).