Principal Lead National Risk Advisor (Safety, Openness and Learning Agenda)
Fixed Term Secondment Opportunity Until March 2022
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland. The Safety, Skills and Improvement Team is responsible to the NES Board and through the Board to Scottish Government for the commissioning and delivery of related workforce education, research and evaluation in Scotland. A key component of this work is in taking a Human Factors approach to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of safety, risk and improvement education and practice.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Providing support and advice on current risk and safety policies and practices in health and social care
- Contributing to related educational developments to enhance learning from incident reporting systems, safety incident investigations, complaints and everyday care practices.
- Influencing the design, development and implementation of organisational and team-based learning policy and guidance, for example, across territorial NHS Boards and in workforce education and training programmes.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of education and training (e.g. e-learning, online, face-to-face)
- You will work closely with NES and HIS in leading and facilitating co-design, consensus building and education developments to support care teams and organisations to make the necessary local changes to their practices as required nationally.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Strong levels of knowledge and experience of modern risk and safety theory, policy and practice in the NHS / safety-critical industry
- Interest and experience of related teaching, educational development, innovation and evaluation of interventions.
This National Risk Advisor post will be jointly hosted by the Safety, Skills and Improvement Team in NHS Education for Scotland (NES) based in Glasgow and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS). The successful postholder’s base of work is flexible, while travel throughout Scotland may be necessary.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Prof Paul Bowie, NES Programme Director (Safety & Improvement) – firstname.lastname@example.org or Moira Manson, Healthcare Improvement Scotland email@example.com
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the job information pack below which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 11th May 2021
Interview date: from the 25th of May 2021
**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org