SLA/ Secondment basis for 2 years
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The core function of the NMAHP Directorate is to support the education, training and continuing professional development of nurses, midwives, allied health professionals, health and social care chaplains and their support workers. The Directorate is also responsible for providing education, training and workforce development across wider professional groups and disciplines, often in partnership with other agencies, to support key policy imperatives.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
Support the Head of Programme to deliver objectives in a mixed acute portfolio including:
- Nursing Midwifery and Health Profession (NMaHP) perioperative education, nurse endoscopy, priority developing roles
- Manage existing contracts and support commissioining of new resources with application of the national commissioning model
- Recruitment, monitoring and evaluation of existing commissioned education
- Liaison with key stakeholders regarding national service needs, with synthesis and analysis of needs and potential solutions.
- Maintain and enhance national links with key stakeholders across disciplines; informing service and educational development in a Once for Scotland approach.
- Manage, co-ordinate and support colleagues, within their area of expertise and across NHS Scotland, in developing the learning environment and ensuring education/training provision supports policy initiatives and are cognisant of existing educational frameworks
- Develop information sharing networks, structures, and establish appropriate processes supporting effective two-way communication impacting upon colleagues at national, regional and health board levels across NHS Scotland.
- Developing briefing documents, background papers, reports and other materials as appropriate for stakeholder groups such as Steering Groups and Scottish Government Health Department
- Lead and manage the development of any future additional training provision, responsible for the educational implementation and delivery of training as well as the impact assessment.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Master’s degree (or actively working towards) or equivalent experience
- Substantial postgraduate experience, including enhanced responsibility in an educational or healthcare post
- Significant experience in their acute specialty area and experience of working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Comprehensive understanding of the broad acute landscape and related servie edcuatianl needs
- Experience in synthesising complex information and analysis, informing development of responsive solutions
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering education and training
- Experience in the development and application of technology enhanced approaches to learning
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitive and complex information in a time responsive manner
Informal enquiries may be directed to Fiona Fraser, Head of Programme – NMAHP - Acute – email@example.com
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 13 May 2021
Interview date: 31stth May 2021
**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org