Join one of NHS Scotland’s most exciting teams and play a key role in making health and social care products which touch the lives of everyone in Scotland.
***Please note this is a fixed term contract until February 2024***
NDS (NES Digital Service) is a fast-growing team within NHS Scotland using a modern tech stack and lean agile development practices to build and scale a new digital platform and services helping improve health & social care for millions across Scotland.
Our work is challenging, varied and hugely rewarding – NDS is a unique environment where you could help improve eye care, cancer treatment, address the impact of COVID-19 (and much more…) We are non-hierarchical. We are truly collaborative, working in cross-functional teams. We fail-forward. We iterate. We continually learn and share our knowledge.
Our colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds including tech (Skyscanner, NCR, Travelnest, JP Morgan, TV Squared, CareSourcer) as well as clinical and other sectors. You can discover more about our team and work on our blog.
We deliver quickly… in 10 days we designed, built, and launched a complex service for people shielding during the first lockdown, ensuring access to regular food parcel deliveries and priority supermarket delivery slots.
As a Product Manager you will work with a cross-functional team delivering a product for either health and care professionals and/or the general public. Our current product contexts are cancer treatment information, vaccinations, eyecare and end of life care.
In this role you can expect to:-
- Provide day-to-day support of a NDS delivery team using agile methodologies
- Develop, support and maintain high level vision and roadmap of NDS products and services
- Communicate your product’s progress and ambitions to internal and external audiences
- Maximize value, optimize problem solving and reduce duplication by understanding and aligning the perspectives of your colleagues, your stakeholders and your users
- Build relationships and share learning with product specialists across NHS Scotland and its partner organizations
- Keep abreast and experiment with emerging product management techniques
- Coach stakeholders and delivery partners in agile methods and user-centred methodologies
- Provide critical friendship and support to NDS colleagues in other teams
- Take on additional activities where required
What we love to see
Product Managers offer a broad range of skills and experience, if you can offer some or all of these we’d love you to apply: -
- Expert knowledge of product management principles and approaches
- Experience leading products made by cross-functional teams in a complex environment
- Strengths in one or more of engineering, design methods, user experience and research
- Ability to analyse and understand user needs and problems, effectively communicate these to delivery teams to identify the solution that will deliver the most value with the least effort
- Building, maintaining and iterating a product over time to ensure it evolves with user needs and desires
- Working with multiple multidisciplinary internal and external teams
- Building relationships and communicating effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries
- Experience of working in the public services or an interest in improving public services/health and social care
- Awareness of the relationships between leadership, team culture and product delivery
BENEFITS WHICH MATTER
As a valued employee of NHS Scotland you can enjoy an extensive range of benefits including:-
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Annual incremental salary increases (up to the maximum of the salary band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave – 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Developing a successful national service for Scotland is impossible without ensuring we consider the diverse needs, perspectives and backgrounds of everyone in Scotland in our work.
We are focused on hiring the very best talent available for NDS, and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and aim to ensure everyone is treated fairly, with respect and has a positive recruitment experience – regardless of the outcome.
If you are considering applying and feel it would be helpful to discuss this initially please get in touch
It’s not essential to be in a Product Management role right now. You could be returning from maternity, a career break or returning to this after working in another field