Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity September 2021 - 31 March 2023
Secondment or SLA only for NHS applicants
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity and prior to applying.
***COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a National health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What You Will Do
We are looking to appoint 3 part time Senior Educators as part of NES’s contribution in workforce development relating to delivery of a cross Directorate, and cross sector, Learning Disability work programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary NES team to drive forward further developments in education and training for the health and social care workforce to support key Scottish Government policy priorities for adults with a Learning Disability.
This will be delivered through various areas of activity.
Key tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Designing, delivering, and evaluating a range of Learning Disability specific educational initiatives, including the delivery of training and the design, development of educational resources targeted at staff working in the NHS and social care services.
- Developing, integerating and embedding existing work in the context of wider relevant NES programmes, for example psycholgical trauma and autism and neurodiversity
- Working collaboratively with a range of partners across NHS Scotland and wider social care services, including people with a learning disability and their families and carers.
- Working with a range of key stakeholders to inform and influence learning disability policy and practice from an educational perspective.
What You Will Bring
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the Health and Social Care Professionals Council or the Scottish Social Services Council
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Nationally recognised education qualification or equivalent
- Significant experience in practice and education in the field of learning disability across health and social care
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitive and complex information
Travel throughout Scotland will be required.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Samantha McEwan, Principal Educator Samantha.McEwan@nhs.scot
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Closing date: 14th June 2021
Interview date: from the 5th of July 2021
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org