**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Band 7 £40,872 to £47,846 per annum
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term or secondment until May 2023*
Base location: Flexible Base Location (any NHS Education for Scotland office)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed team that will influence and support developing the digital capabilities and technology deployment and adoption across Scotland’s health and care workforce.
Digital technology has been essential in supporting health and care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Enabling the acceleration of digitally delivered services across the sector providing much needed support to people across the country. This has highlighted the need and further opportunities for continuing the momentum of digitally enabling the workforce. Therefore, Scottish Government is funding the role of a Digital Learning Lead reporting through NES Education for Scotland.
The role of a Digital Learning Lead
The Digital Learning Lead will provide leadership and specialist input for specific education and other development programmes, projects and services that make up the portfolio of work arising from developing a digitally enabled workforce.
You will have a highly developed specialist knowledge in this field and have the ability to influence at the interface between intersecting areas of this work (for example technology enabled care and other forms of work in health and care requiring digital skills; developing digital leadership and capability of technical and non-technical staff; understanding and working to address cultural barriers to adoption of digital health and care solutions).
Leading and managing design, development and delivery and / or commissioning of a range of educational and development programmes, interventions and resources, both face to face and digital, establishing project goals and work plans.
Engaging and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders within the National Digital Service, NHSScotland and partner agencies to develop and support the embedding of specific resources linked to current and developing national priorities.
Establishing, implementing and evaluating strategies, including the use of relevant frameworks and education pathways, to ensure equity of access to education and appropriate learning and development opportunities across the Health and Care workforce around leadership, culture and skills for digital health and care.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working with a vibrant, innovative new team and stakeholders to deliver a programme of work that digitally enables the workforce across Health and Care.
- Developing learning pathways for the progression of digital skills across the different levels of essential, operational and specialist digital and data technology skills.
- Creating central resources and clear learning pathways for the adoption of all of the applications within Microsoft 365 across health and care. Supporting the workforce at all levels from introductory to expert.
- Working with stakeholders to establish existing leadership programmes to ensure that digital skills is incorporated to support the development of leaders now and in the future.
- Identify existing and free resources that are there already for digitally upskilling the workforce and collate into a central library for easy accessibility across Health and Care.
- Creation of and working with existing Digital Champions Groups and or other initiatives that develop digital skills, leadership capabilities and technology adoption.
- Working with the team and stakeholders to deliver the programme of projects that digitally enables the workforce.
What You Will Bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Experience of developing a digitally enabled workforce and supporting users with the technology used to provide a service.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft 365 and the applications within including the deployment and adoption of these across large organisations.
- Experience of developing digital leadership capabilities.
- The demonstrated ability in measuring and closing the gap between technology used across the organisation and user adoption.
- Considerable experience in creating learning and development material.
- Experience of working collaboratively with key stakeholders across large organisations.
- Previous experience of working with and or setting up a Digital Champions Group and/or other initiatives that develop digital skills and technology adoption.
- Customer, patient, citizen focused with excellent relationship management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience of working with and/or understanding of public sector, education and professional structures and processes along with knowledge of Scottish Policy.
- Experience of creating digital learning resources, project management, service design, business analysis tools, techniques and mythologies.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Paula Baird Principal Lead Digitally Enabled Workforce - Paula.email@example.com
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 22nd June 2021
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org