*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Fixed term/ Secondment opportunity until 31/03/2023
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Flexible location (any NHS Education for Scotland office) however travel throughout Scotland will be required.
Please note we are recruiting approximately 12-15 people to fulfil 7.2wte roles and the available posts are:
- AHP PrBL across sectors (0.6 WTE)
- AHP National supporting structures and processes (0.6 WTE)
- Arts Therapies (music, drama, art or dance) (0.2WTE)
- Dietetics (0.4WTE)
- Occupational Therapy (1.0WTE)
- Orthoptics (0.4WTE)
- Paramedic (1.0WTE)
- Podiatry (0.4WTE)
- Prosthetics & Orthotics (0.4 WTE)
- Physiotherapy (1.4 WTE)
- Radiography Diagnostic and Therapeutic (0.4 WTE)
- Speech and language Therapists (0.4 WTE)
Please note it is strongly recommended to attend an online information session, as, due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we are unable to offer 1:1 discussions. Please see information below on to register for a session.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a National health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What You Will Do
We are looking for registered HCPC Allied Health Professionals with experience in practice based learning and a proven record of influencing, improving and innovation.
Key tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Carrying out an initial diagnostic to identify specific barriers/challenges whether these are geographic, client group or service setting based
- Establish an action plan specific to the specialist focus of the role
- Delivering practice educator preparation sessions in partnership with HEIs and other required workshops
- Promoting and implementation of a range of different models of practice based learning to modernise, diversify and sustain opportunities for learning
- Liaising with a range of partners from health, social care, education, independent and third sectors, including Higher Education Institutions, Scottish Government and strategic leads in Health Boards and care providers
- Developing and maintaining effective links with key stakeholders in order to support wider NES activity
- Actively contributing to NES NMAHP directorate and corporate planning activities ensuring that plans are progressed
What You Will Bring
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as one of the Allied Health Professions
- Master’s degree (or demonstrate equivalent experience in application referencing SCQF level 11 descriptor)
- Passion for developing quality student learning experiences
- Ability to network, push boundaries and influence strategically in order to introduce innovative practice based learning opportunities
- Nationally recognised education qualification or equivalent experience
- Substantial postgraduate experience and will have held enhanced responsibility in an educational or health or social care post
- Good written, verbal, IT skills and presentation skills
To find out more about these posts and what will be involved please register for one of four online informal sessions, by clicking on this link.
- 11th June 2021- 1100-1230
- 16th June 2021- 1500-1630
- 17th June 2021- 930-1100
- 21st June 2021- 1330-1500
If you have any difficulty registering for a session please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59hrs on the closing date.
Closing date: 22nd of June 2021
Interview date: 6th to 9th July 2021
For assistance with the Candidate portal, please contact:email@example.com
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/