**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Flexible Location NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work. Please note, for this particular role, travel throughout Scotland may be required.
Who We Are
About the NHS Scotland Academy
The NHS Scotland Academy is an exciting partnership between NHS Golden Jubilee and NHS Education for Scotland to offer accelerated training for a wide range of health and social care roles and professions. The Academy will provide an opportunity for staff to improve their skills in specific areas, using residential, distance and virtual reality learning. It will offer attractive training programmes linked to recruitment and career progression.
The Academy draws on the strengths of both parent organisations. It will use both the state-of-the-art clinical and simulation facilities at NHS Golden Jubilee and the educational expertise and technology-enabled learning offered by NHS Education for Scotland
The Academy will support NHS Scotland to develop additional capacity and new capabilities. It will add to existing educational programmes and respond to evolving and emerging workforce needs. By addressing recruitment gaps and training needs, it will help ensure the health and social care workforce is prepared for future needs in Scotland.
As part of this partnership, the successful applicant will be employed by NHS Education for Scotland within the Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions Directorate (NMAHP).
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
• Support the head of programme to deliver objectives in a mixed acute portfolio for the NHS Scotland Academy (NHSSA)
• Manage, co-ordinate and support colleagues, within their area of expertise and across NHS Scotland, in developing the delivery of education within the context of the NHSSA.
• Liaison with key stakeholders regarding national service needs, with synthesis and analysis of needs and potential solutions. Maintain and enhance national links with key stakeholders across disciplines; informing service and educational development in a Once for Scotland approach
• Developing briefing documents, background papers, reports and other materials as appropriate for stakeholder groups such as Steering Groups and Scottish Government Health Department
• Support the head of Programme in managing the development of any future additional training provision, responsible for the educational implementation and delivery of training as well as the impact assessment.
What you'll bring
• Experience of planning, developing and delivering education and training in an acute setting
• Professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Master’s degree (or actively working towards) or equivalent experience
• Substantial postgraduate experience, including enhanced responsibility in an educational or healthcare post.
• Significant experience in their specialist area and experience of working within a multidisciplinary environment .This is desirable within an acute setting
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitive and complex information in a time responsive manner
Informal enquiries may be directed to Fiona Fraser, Head of Programme NMAHP NES firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th of August
Interview date: Tuesday 17th August 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com